Our Tampa full body massage is a great way to pamper yourself, but there is much more to massage than pampering! Take a look at some of these statistics!

Tampa Full Body Massage: Statistics and Facts You Should Know About Massage

Massage Helps With Pain Relief

According to the American Massage Therapy Association annual consumer survey conducted by ORC International, July 2017, 41 percent of American adults who had a massage in the past five years indicate they sought it for pain relief. According to an AMTA survey, only around 11% of massage clients sought massage for relaxation and the remaining 89% sought massage for health-related conditions.

Pain relief is an exceptionally beneficial result of massage whether you get a deep tissue massage to relieve specific issues or whether you get a basic massage to help you to release tension and relieve muscular pain. In fact, looking back in time, massage therapy is one of the earliest methods of pain relief sought out by humans.

Massage Helps With Emotional Regulation

According to a variety of studies on the benefits of massage for individuals who are going through poor health situations, massage has shown to reduce depression and anxiety. In one study, women with stage 1 and stage 2 breast cancer felt immediate benefits from massage including reduced anxiety, depressed mood, and anger, and had long-term benefits of reduced depression and increased serotonin values.

The Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami has also found that massage therapy helps patients with other mental illness symptoms too, including those associated with eating disorders.

Massage is For Everyone

Many people feel that they are “too old” for massage, but the truth is that massage is for everyone! A nationwide study from Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) found that the average massage client is between 35 and 49 years old. That said, many of our clients fall outside of this age range and we do everything to make all of our clients feel comfortable no matter what their age.

Age isn’t the only concern. Many men feel that massage is just for women, but this just isn’t true either! According to the study mentioned above, twice as many women as men seek out massage, but we would love to see that number increase! Massage offers pain relief and emotional balance for men and women, but it also offers that opportunity to relax and let go of the stressors of everyday life.

Massage Complements Medicine

There have been countless studies that show that in addition to traditional medical intervention, massage can improve overall wellbeing (as we mentioned above) but the exceptional benefit is that these improvements come without adding additional side effects for your body to cope with.

Are You Ready to Set Up a Tampa Full Body Massage?

If you are ready to set up an appointment for a full body massage in Tampa, give us a call today at (727) 201-4579 to make an appointment with one of our incredible massage professionals.

opm

opm